11 November 2013

Freedom and dessert

Ahhh can you smell that? The sweet scent of freedom! It's my new perfume. After months of cleaning everything in sight and being surrounded by nothing but trees and red sand, all I want is to hang out in civilisation again. I need people and espresso martinis. I tried the country life, but it's not for me. At least not if routine is the word of the day. Every single day. It has been good to have a lot of time to think and learn new skills. All of a sudden I can make a Sunday roast, salted caramel apple cheesecake, pecan pie and happy cookies. But there is more to life than stuffing cowboys faces. Like endless conversations with friends and dancing until the sun comes up. I long for busy streets, crowds of people, loud music and no sleep. As the old saying goes: you can take the girl out of the city but you can't take the city out of the girl.

As the true desperate station wife I was, I baked until I dropped and made cowboys and girls cry with joy when they had a piece of that sweet lovin' shaped like dessert.



1 comment:

  1. These cookies looks like they're all laughing at me, teasing "Come and eat us"! Lol!

    MC
    Works at Real Estate Philippines

    ReplyDelete